The membership limit for 2021-2022 season has been increased this year to 75 members.
Double vaccination is required to play this year for seniors and juniors.
Important update for the 2021/2022 year:
We are very glad to announce that we are going to be able to play starting Sept 14th under the Federal, Provincial and Badminton Ontario guidelines that are in force at this time. Our goals are the safety of all and getting back to playing badminton! The Junior Badminton Club is still starting Sept 16th: We are not able to play at CSS.
Adult play will be Tuesday and Thursday 7pm until 10pm at Quinte Christian High School, Wallbridge-Loyalist Rd The Junior club will be from 5:30 pm. to 7:00 pm. on the Thursday nights (we were only able to secure 2 nights of play)
To meet the guidelines in place, here are the highlights you need to be aware of:
– The maximum number of club members we can allow at this time is 75 members.
– Guest “drop in” play is not allowed. (this includes open house activities)
– We are only accepting members that are double vaxed and can show proof.
– Membership is $140 for the year with memberships available starting today via cash, cheque or etransfer. Memberships are first come, first served. A family discount of $50 for people living at the same address applies.
– Half-year memberships are not planned to be available in the new year: we will re-evaluate in January based on guidelines.
– In addition your payment we also require a form to be filled out by each member that will include an emergency contact number as well as information pertaining to your membership. This will also help the treasurer to determine where the funds are placed.
– See form link below and send to email@example.com
– The number of members will be listed on the website so people can determine if memberships are still available.
– If a COVID outbreak occurs impacting our ability or safety to play, the impact will be evaluated and refunding of appropriate membership fees (prorated) would occur.
– When arriving at the school and awaiting play before and between games, a face mask or shield is required. A mask/shield must be used at ALL TIMES whether you are on or off the court.
– All areas OFF the court should be treated the same as any PUBLIC space: mask on, social distance, wash hands frequently and stop touching everything !
– An attendance sheet, pre-populated with your name and date will be present for contact tracing if the health unit requires it.
– Hand sanitizer will be provided, soap in the washrooms etc.
– Badminton birds will be “new” for each game you play. Birds will sit for a week then used again in 1 weeks time.
– High fives, fist bumps, etc. to be avoided. A dry “nice game” will do nicely.
We are a volunteer organization, doing the best we can under these challenging times. We look forward to your feedback and assistance in making our Club successful…and safe for all.